contact Cisowski Law
Request a Free Case Evaluation or contact with any questions
From Bluff City
- Head south on US-19E N/US-321 S
- Continue south on US-19E S/US-321 S for roughly 11 miles
- Cisowski Law office will be on the right after CVS in the small shopping plaza with Liquor Store and Dentist office
From Johnson City
- Head Northeast on US-321N/University Parkway
- Continue for roughly 7 miles. US-321N/University Parkway will turn to E Elk Ave in Elizabethton
- Take a slight left onto Broad St
- Continue on Broad St for roughly 1 mile until you reach the US-19E intersection
- Take a right onto US-19E S/US-321 S
- After about 1 mile Cisowski Law office will be on right after CVS in the small shopping plaza with Liquor Store and Dentist office
- Head north on US-19E N/US-321 N toward First Ave.
- Continue north on Us019 E N/US-321 N for roughly 4 miles
- Before the CVS turn left to enter the parking lot for Cisowski Law and adjacent Liquor store and Dentist office
Bankruptcy Quick Basics
A Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is a total discharge of your debts. If you are eligible you can keep most or all of your assets including cars and home and get rid of most or all of your debts. The Discharge will relieve you of any personal obligation of the debt. You will be protected from the Bankruptcy court’s discharge order. If a creditor tries to collect after your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, they can be heavily penalized. In Johnson City, you file your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Greeneville. A bankruptcy attorney near you will be able to prepare your Chapter 7 and file your forms and represent you in Greeneville.
A Chapter 13 Bankruptcy is a repayment plan for debtors with regular income. This means that if you have income and debts, then a Chapter 13 will get you back on track by binding your creditors to a plan of repaying your debts over the course of 3 or 5 years. After you pay a portion of your debts through your plan you receive your bankruptcy discharge. In Johnson City, you file your Chapter 13 in Greeneville and pay your plan through a trustee in Knoxville. Cisowski Law is a bankruptcy attorney near you and can help file your Chapter 13.
The automatic stay is an automatic court order entered when a debtor files bankruptcy. The order states clearly that any attempts to a collect a debt are suspended. If a creditor violates the automatic stay they are subject to penalties. The Automatic Stay is very powerful. It can stop lawsuits, garnishments, repossessions, and foreclosures.
The bankruptcy discharge is a court order that releases a debtor from any debt obligation. It is the ultimate goal for filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. The creditor will be violating the discharge and subject to punishment if they attempt to collect a debt after the debtor receives a discharge.
In 2005 Congress enacted a law requiring individuals who file Bankruptcy to take a credit counseling course before filing and a course in financial management after filing but before receiving a discharge.
Filing bankruptcy requires you to fill out your bankruptcy forms and submit the to the Bankruptcy Court in Greeneville. There are a number of procedural requirements for filing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. Cisowski Law is a bankruptcy attorney near you and can assist you with filing your bankruptcy case.